Sign up here for your FREE copy of
The Blue King
What are you signing up for?
I will store your first name and email address for the purpose of sending you your free e-book and to provide you with updates and free stories on an occasional basis. I will not share your data with anyone and you can unsubscribe from this list at any point by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the end of any email you receive from me. If you have any problems with this, please feel free to email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will remove you from the list.
This notice is for this website; www.francesgow.co.uk / www.fglaval.com owned by Frances Gow (aka FG Laval) and governs the privacy of those who use it. It explains how I control, process, handle and protect your personal data while browsing or using this website, including your rights under current laws and regulations.
“I” or “The Website” refers to Frances Gow
“you”, “the user” refers to the user of the Website.
GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) I control and process personal information about you electronically.
I collect your email address, first and last name when you sign up for email updates.
Lawful basis: Consent
The reason I use this basis: You gave me consent to use your data when you signed up for email updates about my books from my website.
- I process your information in the following ways: To send you a free book and keep you updated with special offers and news about my books.
- Data retention period: I will continue to process your information only for as long as necessary, and you always retain the right to unsubscribe from further contact.
- Sharing your information: I take your privacy seriously and will not share your information with third parties, except as permitted by applicable law or set out as below.
- I share personal data with third parties who provide services or functions on my behalf to enable delivery of content to you, as requested. For example; Author.email for managing email addresses and social media advertising platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tumblr for audience generation. I have appropriate safeguards in place with third parties with whom I share personal details for the purposes described.
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows.
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Data security and protection
I ensure the security of any personal information held by using secure data storage technologies provided by WordPress and Author.email in how I store, access and manage that information.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR I use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to my marketing mailing list. I only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above. Any email marketing messages I send are done so through Author.email.
You can opt out of receiving emails or ask to see the data I hold for you, or request me to remove your data at any time by the following methods:
- Unsubscribe at the bottom of the email
- Contact me at email@example.com
Leave a comment